K&W Healthcare – Privacy Statement
As part of our legal duties, for any data we collect via interactions or services we provide to you we will:
- Maintain full and accurate records in relation to these services we provide you
- Keep records about you confidential and secure
K&W Healthcare aims to provide you with safe, high quality care services that is based on accurate, up to date information.
This information allows us to work others involved in your care and this may involve sharing information with other health and social care organisations.
- Basic details such as address, date of birth and next of kin
- Contact we have had with you
Sometimes we share your information with third parties to support your care such as:
When we share information that is used for healthcare management or planning, this does not allow for you to be identified.
Sometimes we will be required to share information for other reasons:
- When required to by law
- We have special permission for health or research purposes (e.g. if you have agreed to take part in a research trial)
- There is a strong public interest (e.g. there is a risk of serious harm or crime)
Under Data Protection law, you have a right to:
- Object to certain uses of your data
- To be provided with a copy information held about you
- That your information will not be used for direct marketing purposes
- Have any incorrect information amended or erased
Please contact us for any requests made in connection with these rights.
For a copy of your information:
- Your request must be made in writing
- We are required to respond to your request in writing within 40 days
- You will need to give us your full name, address, date of birth and possibly NHS number (If related to health services we provide)
- You will be required to provide personal identification such as a driving licence or passport
Use of the Website
Generally, our website will not require you to enter personal information. When it does, for example; contact information, we will apply the same confidentiality principles as those described above.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should be aware that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites.
We intend to protect the confidentiality, quality and integrity of your personal information and we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to do so. These include staff training, up to date policies and procedures and working to align with national cyber security guidelines.